The Coptic conference in Alexandria organised by the calligraphy Centre of the Egyptian Bibalex.org has now been brought forward to September 21st - until 23rd
I hope to arrange a video conference link at Swansea University, however, it will be covered via the Internet - inshallah!
More details here - http://www.bibalex.org/CalligraphyCenter/CopticStudiesConference/Home/Home.aspx
The subjects covered are:
1. History and Archaeology in Egypt in the Byzantine Period,
2. History and Archaeology in Egypt in the Coptic Period,
3. Minor Art in Coptic Egypt,
4. Coptic Language, Architecture,
5. Restoration (wood, metal work, textile, etc) ,
6. Coptic Icons and Murals,
7. Touristic Sites Development,
8. Environment, Architecture,
9. Comparative Studies between Ancient Egyptian and Coptic Eras.